| 15151 ViewsPickleball Serving Technique
1. Use a bowling motion.
2. Point yoiur paddle toward the ground with bent knees.
3. Toss the ball in front of your body in the direction of target. Your target should be the very center of the serving box. This will give you a lot of leeway for error. Never Ever miss your serve because it probably will be the difference in a close game.
4. Step toward the target with your front shoulder pointing at your target.
5. Swing in an upward motion with the paddle below the wrist and watch the ball contact your paddle below the waist.
6. Make a soft sound to yourself at the point of contact with the ball to prevent you from lifting your head before contact.
7. Follow through in the direction of your target.
8. Step back on foot behind the baseline after serving to assure the return of serve will land in front of you. If you step into the court after serving the ball it could land at your feet or behind you and you will have to make a difficult shot because you had to backpedal to make a shot.